Well it’s finally 2014 and I hope everyone is enjoying the new year! The last month has been busy, which explains the lack of posts.
Overall, 2013 was a good running year. I accomplished most of my goals:
- I ran my first marathon
- I logged over 1000 miles for the year
I didn’t make my goal of a sub 2-hour half marathon, but I did run a new PR of 2:01:00. So, not too shabby.
As I head into 2014, I am excited by the prospect of new opportunities and challenges. By excited, I mean totally freaked out. I plan to finish up my PhD this year, which should make me happy…but honestly it just makes me realize that I have absolutely no idea what I want to do with my life.
One thing I do know, however, is that I will continue to run! So here are my running goals for 2014:
- Run a <2:00:00 half marathon
- Qualify for the half fanatics
- Run another marathon, preferably in under 4:45
- Do more of my winter training outdoors
I also have some general life goals:
- Use my iron. I have an iron that has never been used and a lot of clothes in the back of my closet that I don’t wear because they need to be ironed.
- Cut myself a little more slack. Setting high standards is good…to a point. But when your first thought after crossing the finish line at your first marathon is “I could have done better,” it might be a sign to ease up a bit.
- Cook more. I have this goal every year. I still can’t really cook. This year, I pledge to attempt at least 15 new recipes.
Happy New Year!